As an Android Engineer on our world-class team, you’ll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market. We’re building a team that’s passionate about innovation, apprenticeship (learning by pairing), and building the best connected experiences. We’re looking for a smart, kind, and reliable Android Engineer who is eager to make a big impact and build amazing products that millions of users use everyday. If you’re ready to grab this amazing opportunity and help us build the future, we want to work with you!
Connected is a rapidly growing product development firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We partner with the world’s leading organizations to build software-powered products that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. You likely have our clients' apps on your homescreen, their smart products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected. Composed of software engineers, human-centred designers, and product managers, we are on a mission to build better products. Connected is one of Canada’s top small and medium employers two years running and one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups.
- 5+ years of professional Android software development
- Solid understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals
- Experience in multi-threading, memory management, and network and cache optimization specific to mobile devices
- MVP architecture in Android a plus
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience building consumer-facing products
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial attitude with the drive to deliver high quality products on time
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with clients
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile
- Strong communication skills and an interest in a pair-programming environment where you will accelerate your knowledge and skills quickly
- Experience working in a continuous integration and delivery model
- Experience working directly with clients, leading project teams, and mentoring engineers
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems, including API design techniques, to improve overall design and keep them clean and maintainable
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing tech company where roles, responsibilities, and projects are constantly evolving - aka “status loco!”
- Building impactful products for Fortune 500 clients
- Creating simple, clean code to power new user-facing product features
- Maintaining a high level of performance quality and having a reputation for shipping quality product
- Collaborating, teaching and learning with fellow Connected engineers, designers, product managers, and our clients
- Being reliable, taking ownership and making a big impact
- Producing repeatable and predictable delivery of features
- Refactoring and improving existing code when it gets brittle
- Ensuring code is written to standards, has sufficient test coverage, and adheres to design requirements
- Defining product and technical solution architecture
- Helping us achieve our mission of building better products
- Ability to travel as required by client and engagement needs
- We're proudly employee owned, with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Generous Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Our quarterly “Disconnect” events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hang out
- Company-sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and coffee
To learn more, visit connected.io/careers
Contract and Full-time Positions available - Apply today!
Connected welcomes applications from all candidates. We especially encourage candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, candidates in caregiving roles, immigrants, and persons living with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.