Software Engineer (US-based projects)
As a Software Engineer on our world-class team, you’ll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market. We are inviting ambitious Software Engineers to be on a large Java Spring Boot project with one of our clients in the Detroit area.
Connected is a rapidly growing product development firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We partner with the world’s leading organizations to build software-powered products that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. You likely have our clients' apps on your homescreen, their smart products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected. Connected is one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium employers two years running and one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups.
- 4+ years of professional Java experience
- 2+ years with Java Spring/Spring Boot
- Ability to travel to the US up to 80% of the time
- Experience with production web systems at scale (built for millions of users)
- Solid understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals
- Experience in multithreading, memory management, and network and cache optimization
- Demonstrated ability to building consumer-facing products
- Experience building reusable components for large scale systems and working in a continuous integration and delivery model
- Proven track record of working directly with clients, leading project teams, and mentoring engineers
- Experience analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems, including API design techniques, to improve overall design and keep them clean and maintainable
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile
- Strong communication skills and an interest in a pair-programming environment where you will accelerate your knowledge and skills quickly
- Tenacious, entrepreneurial attitude with the drive to deliver high-quality products on time
- Building impactful products for Fortune 500 clients
- Creating simple, clean code to power new user-facing product features
- Maintaining a high level of performance quality and having a reputation for shipping quality product
- Collaborating, teaching and learning with fellow Connected engineers, designers, product managers, and our clients
- Being reliable, taking ownership and making a big impact
- Producing repeatable and predictable delivery of features
- Refactoring and improving existing code when it gets brittle
- Ensuring code is written to standards, has sufficient test coverage, and adheres to design requirements
- Defining product and technical solution architecture
- Helping us achieve our mission of building better products
- We’re proudly employee-owned, with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Generous Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Our quarterly “Disconnect” events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hang out
- Company-sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and coffee
To learn more, visit connected.io/careers
Full-time and Contract Positions Available - Apply Today!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.