Business Development Manager
As a highly motivated and results-driven Business Development Manager at Connected, you will report into the EVP of Growth and Client Services and will be responsible for driving new client acquisition within a specific territory.
You are highly competitive and financially driven, with proven experience navigating complex accounts and building relationships across diverse buying groups in order to hit your quarterly targets. You are comfortable creating and pitching highly personalized sales presentations to C-Suite executives while still being able to leverage the latest sales technology while you’re in the office to improve your prospecting, nurturing, and closing capabilities.
You understand the value of highly orchestrated account-based sales and marketing programs, including outbound sales, social selling, customized content, events, sales pitches, and more. You excel at team collaboration and understand the value of leveraging internal practitioners to provide a consultative sales experience with every customer interaction.
Connected is a rapidly growing product development firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We partner with the world’s leading organizations to build software-powered products that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. You likely have our clients' apps on your homescreen, their smart products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected. Composed of software engineers, human-centred designers, and product managers, we are on a mission to build better products. Connected is one of CANADA’S TOP SMALL AND MEDIUM EMPLOYERS three years running and one of LINKEDIN’S TOP STARTUPS.
- Own a defined new client acquisition revenue target by actively prospecting, engaging, and converting net new target accounts within a specific territory
- Proactively build relationships, qualify leads, and deliver world-class customer-facing collateral and presentations
- Qualify and manage inbound leads within your territory based on your understanding of the organization's Ideal Account Profile
- Create winning sales proposals, close profitable engagements, and manage effective hand-offs between growth and client services
- Constantly seek target account and product development industry insights by following news publications, attending events and meetups, networking with influencers, and more
- Manage and execute the entire end-to-end selling process working closely with the Connected delivery teams including initial lead enquiry, qualification of opportunities, problem/opportunity definition, project scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation, contract negotiation, and closing
- Drive attendance of growth and marketing events and provide constant feedback to enhance sales and marketing collateral
- Meet with our guild practitioners to gain feedback and insights on what our customers care about and help transform these learnings into effective sales enablement and marketing content
- Collaborate with marketing to develop campaigns to be executed by the inside sales team and then take follow-on actions to respond to interest or inbound leads
- Minimum 3+ years experience in services, sales, or a professional consulting firm
- Ability to travel to client sites (up to 50%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated track record of breaking into and growing new accounts, achieving and exceeding revenue objectives in complex solutions environments at Fortune 500 clients
- Knowledge and experience with structured sales methodologies e.g., Strategic Selling, Solution Selling, SPIN, Power-based Selling, Target Account Selling
- Ability to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- Experience in building relationships with CXO’s and business decision-makers
- Skilled at leading teams through complex technology solution sales
- Creative and innovative, you’re seen as a visionary in your work
- Family-friendly environment and parental and maternity leave
- 4 weeks vacation (3 weeks anytime + 1 week during the holidays)
- Generous health benefits, fitness credit, and yoga/meditation in the office every week
- Professional development opportunities and $1,000 education credit
- Strong learning culture with a focus on always getting better
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our annual ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and coffee
- Lunch and learns
- Beautiful modern office conveniently located in downtown Toronto
Connected welcomes applications from all candidates. We especially encourage candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, candidates in caregiving roles, immigrants, and persons living with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.