Senior Product Designer (Contract)
Product Designers stand at the heart of what we build at Connected. We’re looking for deep-thinking, broadly curious designers who are eager to create products for the emerging connected world to join us for a contract opportunity. If you’re craving an opportunity to design our collective future while working with an incredibly dynamic and talented team, we want to work with you!
Connected is a rapidly growing product development firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We partner with the world’s leading organizations to build software-powered products that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. Connected is one of Canada’s top small and medium employers two years running and one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups.
- Bachelors or Masters degree and minimum 5+ years of solid experience in digital product design and/or design research
- Ownership of a well-considered body of product design work, with an emphasis on how you arrived at your solutions
- Be comfortable collaborating across disciplines
- Ability to think deeply about how your work will fit into people’s’ lives
- Ability to write and present eloquently. It’s great to make the work, but we love when you can talk about it too
- Real-world projects that illustrate how you’ve turned user research into products and concepts
- You think big-picture, but demonstrate deep knowledge of how technology and user experience come together
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to conduct research and synthesize findings, identify opportunities, and translate those opportunities into possible solutions
- Validating hypotheses by prototyping and testing product concepts
- Rapidly delivering validated, high-quality products to market using best-in-class agile practices
- Rapidly prototype at a range of fidelities
- Knowing and cherishing the UX, UI and behavioural patterns that shape today’s software and connected experiences
- Facilitating user testing, synthesize results, and translate these insights into actionable changes to the product
- Ability to travel as required by client and engagement needs
- Our quarterly “Disconnect” events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hang out
- Company-sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and coffee
To learn more, visit connected.io/careers
Contract Positions Available - Apply Today!
Connected welcomes applications from all candidates. We especially encourage candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, candidates in caregiving roles, immigrants, and persons living with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.